In this post, I am going to show you how to you can see the latest posts of your competitors
When you are in a competitive niche, it is always advised to stay ahead of your competition in order to make more money. However, sometimes you just don’t have enough time or enough people to be able to do that.
For example, In my case, being in the MMO niche, is very hard to keep track with thousands/ hundreds of thousands of competitors.
Hence being ahead of your competition is impossible, if you don’t have enough writers, the second best thing is to try to be on the same level as them.
This means that whenever they review a product or a service, you should review it as well.
Most of the websites, in the right side of their page, have a section with the Latest Posts published. It is obvious to everyone that you can click on the posts and inspire yourself.
The question is what you when a website doesn’t have that section? For example, my website doesn’t have any section with the latest posts.
How can a competitor check my latest posts if I don’t show them?
- ” Well, he can go to your blog section and just click on the latest post… Lol”
– That sounds good, but it doesn’t work. I have multiple post categories on my website and I usually create posts about everything.
If someone will start to browse all the categories, it will take a lot of time until he/she finds my latest 5 posts. Sometimes, I might even create posts which are not in a category.
- “Well, he/she can go to one of your Social Media pages and check the post out”
– Nope, I rarely share my posts on social media. That’s because I hate doing it… It’s a bad habit and I hope that I will get enough time to start and share every post.
- “Well, he/she can google search for site:http://stanculescu-software-solutions.com/ and see all of your posts”
– Nope. If he does that, he will only see all of my “indexed” posts. Someone can totally do that to my website since my posts get indexed in less than 5-10 minutes. However, for a fresh website, it might take even months to get their posts indexed.
Here’s the solution
The #1 goal of any website is to get on the front page of Google. Now, in order to make the indexing process quicker, it is recommended to create a sitemap for your website. Basically, this tells to the Google bot which are your latest posts and what the priority to check those posts.
One might suspect that all the posts are in this sitemap. And he is correct. Now, in order for someone to access the sitemap of any website, all he has to do is to go in the browser tab and to write sitemap.xml after the whole domain of the website.
Now, I know that many of you will come and tell me that this will only work for people who have a Sitemap.
I have to say that most of the websites have a sitemap installed. Or at least most of the front page websites have it :). I tested a few website when I was creating this post and I think that 60-70% of the website had a sitemap.
You can click on each link and it will take you to the post :D.
Anyway, that’s how I check the latest posts from my competitors guys! Hope you learned something new from this post :D!
Wish you a great day,